Saturday, June 4, 2011

Vacation Day 1- June.

After Henry's graduation, mama and papa loaded up the van to get down to the ocean to see me! (And the rest of the family, of course.) They got in around 2am. But that didn't stop us kids from getting up early.
Henry got a new lego set as a present for graduating from kindergarten so he can go back to kindergarten next year.
A trike just like PawPaw's!

Dash spent the week crawling around and doing all the baby-like things Georgie doesn't do.
Georgie sat still and tried to avoid getting "patted" on the face by her bigger, faster, younger cousin. Poor kid. She's so scrawny and pale that every touch leaves a mark.
If you thought mama sleeps in late on vacation, you don't know me. I had to be dragged out of bed every morning and I DID NOT LIKE IT. As I often told mama: "You're making me mad!"
Being on vacation, we adapted quickly to the business of hanging out. (What's that white head back there?)
Even Sadie adjusted to island time quickly.
Papa taught Sadie to play Connect4.
And the grown-ups got down to playing their nightly rounds of Euchre and giving mama a hard time for refusing to play Euchre (she seriously hates that game). And lookie there- our house came with a Heuchling! Mr Doug stopped in on his way back from watching the shuttle launch in Florida. He and Henry spent an afternoon at the beach building a damn around a colony of hermit crabs they collected called Henry Island.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. We are the only people from Ohio who both hate and refuse to participate in euchre!! Also, I feel bad for poor Georgie because Olivia has NO concept of personal space. And she loves other babies. Loves them up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete