Thursday, September 1, 2011

Birthday party prep- Henry.

August 18th was Georgie's first birthday. We decided to have a little party with the neighbors, but it involved a lot of preparation.
Okay, this wasn't for the party, but June and I were pumped to have a tea party on the kitchen floor and eat out of the toy plates and bowls.

Then we kicked the work into high gear. I cracked the eggs for Jo's cake.

Mama recruited the boys to make Georgie a bubble poster. Mama added food coloring to bubble solution and you blow them onto the paper and it leaves a stain when it pops. I guess it didn't have enough food coloring in it to make a good ring on the paper, so we improvised and jsut splatted the soap all over the paper.

Here's the finished project. June added the stickers.
I insisted on making this tiny sign for Georgie.
Mama asked me to stock up the fridge for the party, and she thought it was funny (and clever) that I used a shopping cart to transport the drinks.
A George cake for our George. After a failed attempt and making marshmallow fondant (it was good, but mama could not get the food coloring right), mama resorted to decorating Georgie's cake with frosting. She was pleased at how well it turned out.
And a little cake just for Georgie.
Georgie generally sleeps in the bunkhouse with us, but some nights she needs to go to bed earlier and goes to sleep in mama and papa's room. Then she gets moved back into our room after everyone is asleep. When mama moved her in that night, she realized it was after midnight and officially Georgiana's birthday, so she made papa take a picture.
Our one year old!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that picture of her sleeping in your arms is precious. I'll have you know that sweet George, and your family picture, are the ONLY two pictures on the front of my new fridge.

    ReplyDelete