Everything has changed so much since I was a baby, especially the standards of what you can and can't feed your baby. Mama is pretty sure that you weren't supposed to give kids under 1 strawberries when I was little, but now it's okay. In fact, the only things the doctor told mama Georgie couldn't have were eggs and honey. You can even give babies nuts now (if you grind them up, of course).
Whether it was okay or not, we found out that Georgie is NOT allergic to strawberries when we visited the strawberry farm last week.
I remain a champion picker. I picked over 9 pounds on this trip.
June didn't like walking on the bumpy ground, so she picked from one spot. Georgie didn't pick anything.
We like this farm because they plant on covered raised beds so the strawberries are easier to pick.
We had a great time, even though mama later reconsidered taking a very mama-attached baby and an arthritic 3-year-old out in a bumpy field. Lucky I was there to help her out.
Strawberries are one of the only solid foods I let Olivia eat because she can gum them up without teeth. I guess she isn't allergic either!!
ReplyDeleteGeorgie looks so cute with her berry. I can't wait to see you in July!!!!!