Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sweet G- Georgie.


Here's another update on my progress. This video is about 3 weeks old. But mama forgot to post it. I can now eat food on my own. When this video was taken, I could get puffs in my mouth with about a 20 percent accuracy. With practice, I'm now up to 70-80% accuracy with corn, peas, cheerios and tonight some steak.
At Grams' suggestion, mama tried to give me some belly time on a blanket instead of the carpet. It does seem to make a difference. I can scoot around in a circle, but no crawling yet.

I didn't want to play much on my own while it was just Henry, mama and I. My hard weekend in Cleveland led to a cold when we got home. By Sunday morning, I had gunk leaking out of my ear and by Sunday night, mama had no doubt I had an ear infection. Funny fact- I am the first of the three kids to get an ear infection. Not a first I'd like to repeat. Luckily, my doctor got me medicine first thing on Monday morning.

As long as I wasn't laying down, I felt pretty good. Henry did a great job making me laugh so I could forget about the pain.

Henry's really good as peak-a-boo, or "pea-pie" as they call it down here in the south.
When he worried that people might think I was a boy, he came up with a quick solution.
Mama just had to take a picture of me one last time in her favorite jammies. At 9 months, I'm getting too long for my 3-6 month jams. I still fit into most of my summer 3-6 month outfits. I've got really long arms and legs, but mama thinks I'm not gaining any weight to keep up with the length I'm acquiring. She knows I'm tall because she can stand me up and hold my hands without bending over. She always had to bend over with Henry and June when they were learning to walk. Just call me "String Bean."

1 comment:

  1. I love my sweet little string bean Georgie!!!

    ReplyDelete