Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Labor Day- Jo.

I don't know about you guys, but mama is from the midwest, and they love a parade out there.  So for the Labor Day Parade in Gaithersburg, she made us pack up early so we could get a good spot.  When we got to the parade route, we had to ask someone if we were there on the wrong day.  Nary a body in sight.  
So we set up our blankets and ate our lunch figuring others would show up.
We took a walk downtown (where there were some people waiting for the parade).  Like June's hair?  She's discovered how french braids after a bath yields bumpy hair int he morning.  
With minutes to go, this is still how the parade route looked.
But the good thing about a deserted parade route is that everyone throws tons of stuff at you.
Commemorative coins?  I think I will!
Everyone waved right at us and honked if we asked them to.  June perplexed the driver of this truck by trying to tell him that his lights were the same color as her unicorn's horn (white).
Probably the best part of the parade were all the Bolivian dance groups.  

Everyone else might have bailed because it was so hot, but the Bolivians brought it- in full costume, no less.
We had our pick of the candy until Henry got a belly ache and mama noticed that June had three suckers in her mouth at once.  Then they made us put the rest away.
A clown gave us some glasses.

And the Confederates also made a good showing.

During a lull, I showed off my jumping skills.  I also like to do this when I'm throwing a temper tantrum, which makes it pretty hard to take me seriously.  Also, look at the back of my legs.  Any time it gets above 80 degrees (and today it was), my whole body turns bright red and everyone worried I'm getting sunburnt.  Luckily, it goes away once I cool down.  
And more Bolivians!
Mama says she has a new culture to love now.  Look at how pumped these guys are to be in full sweaty costume on a 95 degree day.
We'll save our hijinx for home and the air conditioning.  
They have their father's nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment