Thursday, September 6, 2012

Beach vacation Part 1- Henry.

Last year, mama and Miss Leah cooked up a week at the beach with their two sweet little girls and a few friends.  They decided to make it an annual trip.  Mama also said I could come along this year too.  
On the first night, I got to stay up late to watch the closing ceremony of the Olympics.  Miss Holly was a super sport and endured all of my constant requests all week.  At almost 7, I clearly see myself as one of the big people and Miss Holly was right where I wanted to be.
 Also on our trip- Leah and Olivia.
 And newcomers Logan and Owen!  They came with their mom Colleen, mama and Miss Leah's friend from college.
And they brought their older brother, Connor.   
Miss Maggie rounded out the group.  
 Mama had originally committed to bringing Jo along with us, but with all these kids, and only a three bedroom condo, mama quickly started to doubt that decision.  Luckily, papa was willing for JoJo to stay home with him and the workload on vacation got much lighter.

 Don't get me wrong, we love Jo.  It's just that she's two.  And the twins are 1.  And Olivia's 2.  And that's about 4 too many toddlers for vacation.  Never mind the fact that Olivia and Georgie are in the dictionary under "Frienemies."  You have never seen two kids go at it like these two.  Then they make up and hug like they weren't just screaming at each other.  Sigh.  Two year olds.
 Back to vacation.  With only one kid immediately under her jurisdiction, mama and I were able to have a great week.  Here's our daily schedule:  I get up early and watch TV.  Mama rolls out of bed around 9.  We eat breakfast and head down to the beach and.or the pool.  Come up around lunch time.  Stay inside watching a movie during the hours of really strong sun.  Head back out to the beach around 4, stay out until supper.  Eat, then go to bed.  Repeat 7 times.  It's hard being us.
 We all took showers and did our best to clean up one night so we could all get some pictures at the beach.   Here's Miss Colleen and Owen.
 Connor and I.  Connor is 4 and would do anything I did.  
When mama got put on babysitting duty, it was generally looking after these two at the pool, which was a piece of cake. 
 Miss Colleen and the twins.
 Mama and the big boys.
 The Turner contingent.


 Miss Maggie.
 Friends since the first day of college!
 Miss Maggie and Miss Holly.
 Crazy boys!
 Silly girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment